What are the SEO statistics we can verify and confirm in 2020?
A quick search for “SEO statistics” online leads to a variety of results which appear to regurgitate the same stats from outdated and/or questionable sources. We decided to not only look into all the figures that have been publicly referenced, but also see if any of them still ring true in todays marketing world.
Our findings included:
- There are 7+ billion search queries performed on Google every day.
- 95%+ of all search engine results are HTTPS.
- 27%+ of all search engine results contain images.
- 14%+ of all search engine results contain video.
- The #1 result for a search query receives a click-through rate of ~31% on desktop.
- The #1 result for a search query receives a click-through rate of ~22% on mobile.
- 63%+ of businesses don’t have a SEO strategy.
- Google controls 92%+ of the search engine market share.
- Bing controls 2%+ of the search engine market share.
- Mobile makes up 59%+ of organic search engine visits, up from 27% in 2013.
- 10% of Americans don’t use the internet.